Looking for a fast-paced environment to keep you on your toes?
Ramp Agent (part-time, hours to be discussed with applicant). To apply, please fill out an application (see above link) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by 3820 University Ave South.
Our Ramp Agent Mission
Extend soulful hospitality to our guests --- and, enjoy doing it; Work hard --- create value for our guests;
AND Care [genuinely!!!] about the communities we serve and the place that we work
The ramp agent [also a part of our Guest Service & Freight team] has primary responsibility for assisting with all freight, and ramp activities associated with guest departures/arrivals on flights to/from our Fairbanks-based terminal.
The ramp agent is a frontline embodiment of Warbelow’s mission of soulful hospitality, hard work, and genuine care/concern --- it is the relationship that the ramp agent builds with each guest, one interaction at a time, that ultimately transforms our guest service mission into an everyday reality for our guests.
A successful ramp agent is detail-oriented, great at working independently without supervision and as a team member, outgoing, likes to help others, and has a consistently positive outlook on life and work.
The Perfect Fit
An individual who: genuinely cares about and enjoys serving people; likes to work hard [not just in concept, but in reality!!!]; thrives on work requiring serious flexibility and multi-tasking; views favorably the idea of having a physical labor component to their work day; thinks aviation is cool; and, finally, loves living in Interior/Arctic Alaska and is very excited about the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with the people and communities we serve.
The Specific Responsibilities
· Keep ramp free of debris, ice and snow.
· During winter operations, heating aircraft and putting on covers.
· Weigh/tag guest baggage [must be able to lift 50 lbs].
· Load/unload freight and baggage on/off aircraft.
· Respond to phone and walk-in inquiries.
· Perform some cleaning activities at the terminal.
· Screen freight and baggage for HAZMAT.
· Accept and properly store/handle HAZMAT.
· Accept/expedite cargo and mail.
· Handle delayed or missing baggage.
· Escort guests out to aircraft.
· Operate company vehicles, including mail van, forklift, plow truck & airplane tug.
· Problem solve missing or untagged freight.
· Adhere to safety policy and procedure, including safe lifting practices.
· Collect freight payments.
· Use computer reservation system to check-in freight.
· Make changes to freight or guest reservations when necessary.
· Answer phone and appropriately transfer phone calls.
· Help train new incoming workers.
· Assist with other tasks or activities as assigned.